Last updated - November 30th, 2023
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when requesting information from us through the Site or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, email address, company affiliation or investor type, fax number and other similar contact data.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. If you access our site with your mobile device, we may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
A cookie is a string of characters that can be written to a file on the user’s hard drive or device when the user visits a site, application or service. Only the site, application or service that set the cookie can read it, and it can only be used as a record-keeping device to store information that the site, application or device already has. It cannot, for example, be used to read other information from the user’s hard drive or device.
If you wish to prevent certain or all cookies from being set to your hard drive or device, or to clear existing cookies from your browser’s or device’s cache, you may be able to disable them in your browser’s or device’s preferences, although your browser or device might then be unable to accommodate certain functionalities on the Site.
Sandbox Mobile App
Sandbox Mobile App may collect user data while a driver is on shift, including when the app is not in use. Precise location is collected to enable tracking of, including and not limited to, assets, loads, products, and the driver’s position. Device brand, model, and build version information is collected for diagnostic and application support purposes. Further, data is not sold or shared with any third parties.
The Sandbox Insight mobile app does not track user location, but may collect device brand, model, and build version as well as app usage information for diagnostic and application support purposes. Further, data is not sold or shared with any third parties.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use personal information collected via our Site for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
The use of personally-identifying information is limited to the following:
- managing and administering the Site;
- responding to user e-mails and messages, and providing customer service listing name and location (city and state) provided by users;
- sending newsletters, informational e-mailings and other communications, including marketing and promotional communications, new Site features and other topics to users who have “opted in” to receiving such communications;
- business analysis;
- other internal purposes; and
- any other purposes specified at the time the information is gathered.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Site, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Site over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?” above), in the United States.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
In some cases, the Site may include certain embedded tools provided and controlled by third parties and governed by the terms and policies of the third parties. You should only use these third-party tools if you agree to their respective terms and policies.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have in place what we believe to be appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, no Internet, e-mail or mobile transmission of information is ever fully secure or error-free. Because most e-mail and mobile transmissions are not encrypted, you should take special care in deciding what information you sent to us by e-mail, SMS, text message or other mobile transmission.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send. You will then be removed from the marketing email list.
DO WE RESPOND TO DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS?
DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
24275 Katy Freeway, Suite 600
Katy, Texas 77494